- Travel to both popular and lesser-known destinations in Vietnam, including tourist hotspots like Halong Bay and hidden gems such as Hoa Lu Ancient Capital.
- See Vietnam through an exciting mix of transport, including motorbike, junk-style boat, bus and train Experience local life in Sapa.
- Get to know local families, participate in their activities and enjoy a homestyle meal
This morning you travel out of Hanoi city center to the suburban areas for a half-day eco tour discovering the local life. You will get picked up from your hotel lobby around 7:30 am then set out on a 45-min drive to Tien Le Vegetable village, about 18km to the west of Hanoi.
Arrive in the peaceful village, our local host and guide will take you on a wonderful visit of a market in the countryside. Wandering around the stalls selling food, meat, veggie, etc…you can try bargaining for some ingredients used in the coming cooking session. All of them are newly harvested and fresh!
When you get back from the market, you will put on farming clothes and bring farming tools to the field, where many local people are working since early morning. Prepare to get dirty as you will be doing some farming activities like plowing, growing vegetables, watering and fertilizing…Come back to your host family for a cooking session and lunch. Afternoon time is free for leisure.
Optional tour is city tour in which you will take a guided tour visiting some main sites of Hanoi: Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Complex (you just pass by), the One Pillar Pagoda and the Women’s Museum. Later on, enjoy a wonderful water puppet show - a traditional art form stems from Asian Wet Rice Culture.
We can book for you if you would like to: Two one-of-a-kind traditional performances which are found nowhere else than in Vietnam. You can choose one of below options:
- Water Puppet Show where puppets are performed on water stage with folk music, presenting ancient tales, folklores and daily life in Vietnamese countryside.
- Tu Phu (Four Palaces) Show - a very unique show about ritual of spirit practiced in the Vietnamese indigenous religion with music, colors and lively dance performance. The Four Palaces Shows take place on Thursday and Saturday every week.
If you're interested in the shows, please contact our travel consultants to book.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
Tien Le Vegetable village
Just a couple hours’ drive outside of Hanoi and the tour heads deep into Vietnam’s picturesque countryside. Discover Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam during the Dinh and Le dynasties, before taking a sampan trip down the Tam Coc River. Also called the ‘Halong Bay on Land,’ this region is famous for its charming grottoes and limestone karst mountains.
Depart from the hotel around 08:00 for the 2-hour drive through rural northern Vietnam. Stop off at Hoa Lu, where there are temples dedicated to Emperor Dinh Tien Hoang of the Dinh Dynasty (968-80) and Emperor Le Dai Hanh of the Le Dynasty (980-1009).
If time permits after visiting Hoa Lu, take a half-hour walk up one of the surrounding limestone karst hills; a difficult but highly rewarding climb with spectacular views. (A moderate level of physical fitness is required.)
Continue on for Tam Coc Town where a Vietnamese-style lunch will be waiting; there will be ample opportunity to stop for photographs of the villages and landscapes along the way.
For those feeling adventurous, climb up to the 15th century Bich Dong Pagoda on nearby Ngu Nhac Mountain, comprising three structures: Ha, Trung, and Thuong Pagodas (in ascending order).
Then get on bus and our driver will take you back to Hanoi.
Meet at your hotel in Hanoi at around 20:00 hrs and transfer to Hanoi train station. Overnight train trip to Lao Cai in shared sleeping compartments (sharing with other passengers in 2 lower & 2 upper berths per compartment). Train departs at approximately 21:15 hrs.
- Our tour guide will not accompany during the train trip
- Train schedule is subject to change.
- Private compartments on request at surcharge.
- Train journeys are part of a great local experience. Cabins are shared with other local passengers (unless private cabin is requested and all berths paid for - with supplement). Restrooms at either end of the carriages complete the local experience.
Accommodation: Overnight train to Lao Cai
Activities: Day trip Ninh Binh, visit Hoa Lu ancient capital, enjoy a boat trip exploring Tam Coc "Halong Bay on land" and ride a bike to Bich Dong Pagoda. In the evening, transfer to the train station to catch a night train to Lao Cai.
Overnight train from Hanoi - Lao Cai
05:30 ~ 06:00 Arrive at Lao Cai Train Station. Pick up at the train station and transfer to Sapa. Early check in upon arrival is possible upon room occupancy (Surcharge applicable). Relax for a while to get ready for our full day tour.
9.30am: Meet up your local guide and start trekking. The first part is on the road but we soon turn to the right and walk on a small path down the valley to Y Linh Ho village settled down by the Muong Hoa River and from here to the Black H’mong village of Lao Chai. Black H’mong is one of the biggest minority groups in the Sapa area. They have their own language and wear traditional indigo blue clothing. The H’mong peoples have just recently changed their living way from sifting style into the sedentary one. So there are still a lot traces of the past time can be seen: rudimentary houses, stone wall around homes… After this you continue to Ta Van village (1.200 m) to visit Zay people. Zay is a fairly small minority group of about 38.000 people who live mainly in the mountains in Northwest Vietnam.
After visiting Ta Van village the car will return you to Sapa. Free at leisure the rest of the day. Overnight at Sapa Hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in Sapa
Activities: Full day soft trekking, pass along dirt tracks as well as through several villages of ethnic minority groups. Experience the culture of the local daily life styles and exclusion custom in Sapa
Trekking in Sapa with Ethnic people
Locating just a bout 5km southeast of Sapa town, Ma Tra valley attracts visitors for its stunning scenery highlighted with impressive terraced rice fields. The Hmong peoples has changed from sifting lifestyle into sedentary one form early 20th Century and built terraced field to ensure their permanent earning by farming wet rice.
Trip commences from Sapa at 08.30am or 01.30pm by a 5km road transfer out of Sapa town. Then walk starts from here downhill and cross the stream to the other bank where Suoi Ho village beautifully sits on the top of a low hill. Spend half an hour to visit several local homes for understanding of local life before continue walking along a large path on hillsides which is paved with rock to get through Ma Tra village. This portion of the walk offers beautiful scenery of the valley and terraced paddies as well as flower farm. Transfer back to Sapa.
15:00 - 15:30 Driver will pick you up & transfer 5 hours to Hanoi.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
Activities: Join on a soft trekking tour to discover the untouched beauty of the villages in Sapa before heading back to Hanoi by bus.
Halong Bay is listed by UNESCO as a World Natural Heritage and voted as a Wonder of Nature by the New7Wonders Foundation. You will have a night staying in this world famous bay.
After breakfast in Hanoi, depart the capital for the 3hr 30mins drive to Halong Bay. Arrive to Halong City’s jetty (around noon) and proceed with check-in formalities. After a welcome onboard, lunch will be served while cruising towards the bay. In the afternoon, enjoy some sightseeing, on-board activities (depending on each boat’s itinerary) or just spend some time relaxing on the vessel. Towards the end of the day the boat sets anchor for the night among the karst formations. Dinner is served on board.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Accommodation: Cruise in Halong Bay
Activities: Leave the city behind, drive through fascinating countryside to the dock where this Halong Bay adventure truly starts. Climb aboard a traditional junk boat – with its beautiful woodwork and beaming crew – and venture out into emerald waters of the bay.
Our tour guide will not accompany aboard the cruise in Halong Bay. Resident English speaking guide on board available.
Early risers can enjoy a memorable sunrise over the karst formations of Halong Bay. Breakfast will be served shortly thereafter.
Enjoy breakfast (brunch on some boats) while the vessels cruises slowly through the magnificent rock formations back towards port. Arriving at the harbor, you will be picked up for transferring back to Hanoi.
Drop off at your hotel (hotel in Hanoi is not included)
Activities: Spend the morning on cruise in Halong Bay and drive back to Hanoi.
Price & Inclusion
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax||8 - 10 pax|
|Standard (2*)||USD $394||USD $336||USD $299||USD $289|
|Superior (3*)||USD $432||USD $374||USD $336||USD $325|
|First Class (4*)||USD $466||USD $429||USD $398||USD $385|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at email@example.com to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
- Vietnam Visa Approval Letter (Stamp fee is not included)
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Accommodation in shared Double/Twin room with air-condition (AC) and private bathroom
- Meals as stated in the program (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner)
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in air-conditioned vehicles
- Lao Cai train in shared 4-berth compartment with AC (private cabin on request)
- English Speaking Tour Guide (for other languages supplements apply)
- All entrance and boat fees as mentioned in the program
- Drinking water available on the vehicles (01 bottle water/pp/day)
- Boat trip(s) as mentioned in the itinerary
- Optional tours
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry,...
- Meals and services other than mentioned in the program
- Drinks with meals
- Visa stamp fees at Vietnamese embassies overseas and/ or upon arrival (Please note that a visa is compulsory for most nationalities)
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels, if not mentioned in the program
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- The cost of air tickets is subject to change without prior notice by the airlines.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.