This incredible Northern Vietnam Cycling & Cruising 7 days in untouched region will disclose one of the most spectacular experience for riders who are looking for cycling in off the beaten track, single track trail combine with exploring colorful hill tribes people, contemplating outstanding scenery and staying with minority people. This intoxicating parade of Vietnamese daily life may leave us with our strongest memories, as much as the superb landscapes and amazing cuisine.
- Take a cycling holiday through Vietnam’s most scenic landscapes
- Cruise among the limestone formations of Lan Ha Bay and Halong Bay
- Experience mouth-watering cuisine
- Overnight on a tropical island
- See and learn about many traditional hill tribes
This morning you will get the chance to explore the Vietnamese capital by bike on a guided ride through the city (approx. 25kms).
08:00am: Our tour guide and driver come to your hotel in Hanoi City Center to pick you up and start Hanoi Full Day City Tour. You will ride through parks, around lakes, and down tree-lined boulevards and visit iconic sights.
Firstly we visit Ho Chi Minh complex, including Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum – the final resting place of Vietnamese great father or Uncle Ho, President Ho Chi Minh’s stilt house- where he lived on and off from 1958 to 1969. With our knowledgeable tour guide, you will have a better understanding of the role of Ho Chi Minh in the national liberation movement.
Then we continue cycling to visit Temple of Literature, known as the first university of Vietnam and built more than 1,000 years ago.
If you have time, we continue cycling to One-Pillar Pagoda which is regarded alongside the Perfume Temple, as one of Vietnam's two most iconic temples.
About 12:00: Have lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, enjoy a leisurely one-hour cyclo tour through Hanoi. Visit the beautiful Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple then a walking tour into the hidden alleys of Hanoi Old Quarter.
Optional: If you are not interested in Cyclo you can change it to a Water Puppet Show or Electric Car.
Ending the day with a steaming bowl of fresh Pho from a hole-the-wall eatery – the street food in Hanoi is not to be missed!
About 17:00 Return to your hotel in Hanoi City Center.
In the evening, you will have free time and dinner on your own.
- Optional: Late afternoon, enjoy a fascinating circus Ionah show Hanoi (extra fee applied)
Activities: Riding distance: approx. 25 kms on flat, well paved roads.
- Note: Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum(closed on Monday, Friday and during the months of September and October) and his former residence (closed on Monday and Friday)
- Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
Leave Hanoi behind, tour guide and driver of Ultimate Odyssey will pick you up from your Hanoi hotel drive 2 hours to Hoa Binh. When you arrive you will jump on your bike and cycle 40 kms to Cao Phong, through small ethnic Thai villages, enjoying the tranquility of the paddy fields and interacting with the local people. Then you will take regular stops to admire the view across the lush valleys. Stopping for lunch on the way.
After lunch, your tour guide and driver will take you to the Da River Reservoir. Stretch your legs again cycling along the Da River, passing spectacular karst cliffs, through paddy fields, and admiring the lush panorama of the Mai Chau valley on the way (approx. 20 kms).
Then you will arrive Mai Chau, a rural town in Hoa Binh province, southeast of Hanoi. The scenery is dotted with limestone karsts and ethnic highlanders of White Thai, Hmong, and Zao living in the small villages that we pass along the way. We stop at the top of a pass for a panoramic view of stunning Mai Chau Valley so you can get an overview of where we will be cycling.
We start pedaling on small paths, past green rice paddies and local stilt houses, and of course meeting friendly local villagers. Taking a break at Hoa Ban Plus, a weaving centre and living complex for disabled women, gives us a chance to see the traditional handicraft of weaving in action, and we can even give it a try. We continue cycling on to our homestay overnight at Pom Coong village.
At night, we sleep in stilt bamboo house in an open dormitory-style room with shared facilities.
- Accommodation: Homestay in Pom Coong Village
- Riding distance: Approx. 40kms/25 miles
- Cycling distance: Approx. 60kms/40 miles
Have breakfast at homestay. Going off the main road and starting to cycle by mountain tracks, enjoying new and different images of landscape. Ride through small towns and wave to friendly locals on your way through picture-perfect Vietnam – lush green fields, towering limestone mountains and charming historic sites. Part of this ride takes you along the legendary Ho Chi Minh Trail. While not as rustic as it once was it is a memorable experience nonetheless.
If there is time, you can join the ordinary life of locals in their farming works, cultivation, or herding buffalo.
- Accommodation: Homestay in Pu Luong
- Cycling distance: Approx. 69kms/42 miles
After breakfast, trek up to the road and continue cycling to Cuc Phuong National Park.
Today we cycling with a messy mixture of rocky mountains and slippery soil, as well as winding and extreme ascending routes. On the way, you can enjoy a wonderful view of landscapes with houses on stilts, rice terraced fields, and the farming work of local people. The ride today is undulating but definitely worth the effort.
Arrive in Cuc Phuong National Park area, you will relax and have dinner while hear the bird sings.
- Accommodation: Guesthouse in Cuc Phuong
- Cycling distance: Approx. 70kms/43 miles
At 130 kilometers south of Hanoi, Cuc Phuong is a typical limestone area and rainforest with an impressive collection of animals and plants. Seriously and carefully reserved by the government, Cuc Phuong National Park boasts some 2,000 distinct species of flora, including more than 50 varieties of orchids and giant impressive trees, some of which are over 1,000 years old. There are also 262 species of animals including reptiles, monkeys, flying squirrels and even wild horses make their home in park.
Enjoy full-day cycling in the park under the umbrella of century-old trees to explore the forest and trails within the park karst ecosystem, which will give you an overall conception of the nature protection in Northern Vietnam.
- Accommodation: Guesthouse in Cuc Phuong
- Cycling distance: Approx. 60kms/37 miles
This will be your final early morning ride through the beautiful green scenery of the Ninh Binh Province, riding (approx. 30kms) through the verdant rice field paddy scenery and along the banks of the duck-filled Hoang Long river to the opulent Bai Dinh Buddhist Temple. Here we will be transferred by our car or minivan then ferry (approx. 4hrs) to b, and continue go to Lan Ha Bay, part of the spectacular World Heritage site of Halong Bay. This is one of Vietnam’s most beautiful places, a secluded bay of emerald waters dotted with sandstone islands and caves.
As well as being part of Ha Long Bay, Lan Ha Bay has the additional attraction of numerous white-sand beaches. where you'll stay the night in a secluded property right on the water's edge. If you are feeling energetic and would like to explore there is a walking trail for a short walk around the island – it’s worth it for the view alone!
- Accommodation: Hotel in Cat Ba Town
- Cycling distance: Approx. 30kms/19 miles
Have breakfast then check out from your hotel then our tour guide and driver will pick you up to Beo Dock.
7:30: Pick up at your hotel around Cat Ba Town. Transfer by bus to Beo Dock.
8:00: Check-in boat, enjoy welcome drink. Start cruising through Cai Beo fishing village- the largest and the most traditional fishing village in the North of Vietnam, passing Monkey Island (We do not stop at Monkey Island). Then the boat reaches the heart of Lan Ha Bay with thousands of unique shaped karst towels and emerald water.
9.30: Stop at Di San Floating House to visit the family fish farm to see the local life, take a photo of the vast "Happy fish"; Afterward, the boat continues cruising to the magnificent landscapes of Bai Tu Long Bay before parking at Dau Be Island. Then, discovering the bay on your own way with a double-sharing kayak at Ba Ham Lake, you will explore the beauty of nature in the hidden lagoon with lots of stalactites hang down from the ceiling cave creates strange shapes and sizes. This option depends on the tide level of the bay (Just in case, the tide is too high we will do 2nd option: Cruising through Cua Van Floating Village, passing Rang Dua Island, Frog Island. Then go kayaking through Dark Cave, Bright Cave.
12.30: Lunch with seafood and traditional Vietnamese food will have served while the boat keeps cruising. After lunch, our captain will choose the best area to anchor. You will have time to relax then take part in interesting activities: jumping from the top of the boat or swimming in Ba Trai Dao Beach.
14.30: Start cruising back to the harbor.
15.45: Arrive at a starting point. We will be transferred to speedboat then get on minivan to come back Hanoi.
20:00 Arrive in Hanoi. Your Cycle Vietnam adventure ends here.
What an incredible trip! Ultimate Odyssey team would love to meet you again!
Price & Inclusion
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax|
|Private Tour||USD $1.148||USD $874||USD $699|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at email@example.com to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
Hotel (1 night in Hanoi and 1 night in Cat Ba Town)
Homestay (1 night in Mai Chau and 1 night in Pu Luong)
Guesthouse (2 nights in Cuc Phuong National Park area)
06 Breakfasts, 07 Lunches, 05 Dinners
Vegetarian Meals are available, please request at the booking time
Air-conditioning back-up car
High quality mountain bike (TREK)
- Private air-conditioned vehicle for transfer and back up as itinerary.
- Mountain Bike (TREK), helmet, 1 biking water bottle per person
- Plenty of water provided throughout the day when cycling
- Snacks and local fruits
- 1 Cycling English Speaking Guide
- 1 Assistant guide for 8-16 cyclist, 2 Assistant guides for 17+ cyclists
- 1 first aid kit per guide
- Each guide will have a full set of travel bike tools
- Main support vehicle will have spare parts
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner)
- Sightseeing tickets where mentioned in the itinerary.
- Accommodation as listed above
- Flight reconfirmations
- International flights and Visa arrangement
- Others meals not mentioned above
- Alcoholic, and other beverages beyond water – we can add this into costs at your request
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Any other services not clearly mentioned in the itinerary and in the inclusive portion.
- Routes: There are some parts of the ride that could be busy with traffic, please always follow your guide’s instructions for a safe ride. The cycling route can be changed due to external circumstances such as weather.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.
|Type of Bike|
|Total Cycling KM||~314KM|
|Total Cycling days||6 days|
|Support||Fully supported van including spare part, back up service|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 pax|
Cancellation by Customer
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 500% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 70% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 7 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate