Capture an unforgettable snapshot of Vietnam’s shoreline with the tour Cycling along Vietnam Central Coast organized by Ultimate Odyssey. This is one of the most beautiful cycling route in Vietnam interspersed with coastal and mountain trails. Cycle iconic sandy-white beaches framed by coconut palms, with the sails of junks and sampans floating on the emerald green horizon of the South China Sea. The narrowest section of this unconditionally friendly country holds an incredible number of sights to feast your eyes on, making the ride worth all the effort involved.
- Cycling and Enjoy the fresh air and spectacular scenery of the surrounding mountains
- Best coastal scenery in 10 days including non-touristy beach destinations such as Quy Nhon, Tuy Hoa.
- Energize you mind, body and soul in the serene hills, springs, beaches and islands
- Challenge hills and mountain passes with great view: HaiVan, DeoCa, HonGiao, etc.
- Contemplate the tranquility on the best trail from Nha Trang
- Visit historical sites and exchange with local people
- Walking around Hoi An with vibrant markets & pagodas
Arrival in the ancient Imperial Capital of Vietnam. You can fly into Danang and transfer up to Hue (flight and transfer can be arranged by Ultimate Odyssey at an additional cost).
If you arrive in time, we offer a city tour by bike. We will test our bikes and cycling along the tranquil Perfume River to the Hue Imperial Citadel and onto the peaceful Thien Mu Pagoda. Overnight in Hue.
- Accommodation: Hotel in Hue
- Cycling distance: Approx. 10kms/6 miles
Leaving Hue, riding cross some mountainous area (approximately 60 kilometres in total), passing through rural villages, rice paddy fields, rivers and forests. Today be big on riding and big on spectacular views. You will have lunch enroute.
We ride to Phuoc Tuong Hill and then transfer the final 40 km to Lang Co Beach.
Arrive at resort in Lang Co. Relax yourself and dinner on your own.
- Accommodation: Lang Co Beach Resort or Similar
- Road transfer distance: Approx. 40kms/25 miles
- Cycling distance: Approx. 65kms/40 miles
When ready, we saddle up and over Hai Van pass (Ocean Cloud) praised by BBC’s Top Gear as the most beautiful coastal mountain road in the world. We will ride uphill to Hai Van Pass, which is a 10-km climb and ascends 550 m. It is a gradual climb with many switchbacks, and once at the top, you get superb views, well worth the ride. Then we ride downhill to Danang, our destination for lunch.
After lunch, we have a flat and very scenic ride to Hoi An. It is just a short distance to the Marble Mountains, an outcrop of five rocks said to represent the five elements, (Wood, Water, Metal, Fire, and Earth). There will be plenty of well-earned breaks along the way to take in the views, snap some photos, and rehydrate.
After the rewarding vistas on the cycle in, you’ll also be spoiled with the town of Hoi An – with lantern-lit streets, vibrant markets, skilled tailors, artisan shops, ancient houses, colourful temples and beautiful smiles, it’s a Vietnamese wonderland. There are over 844 structures of historical significance, and most people spend the day wandering around and enjoying the sights and atmosphere.
Take the evening to soak up the atmosphere, or just rest your legs at a local restaurant after a day’s riding.
- Accommodation: Hotel in Hoi An
- Cycling distance: Approx. 55kms/34 miles
8:30am our tour guide will will pick up you at your hotel, transfer to our bike store for bike fitting and pedal the back-streets from Hoi An to Cam Kim.
From here, we will leave on cycle to discover the authentic countryside and islands. During the tour, you will ride the quiet paths through the small fishing villages, local farms and fields. We will discover how wooden river boats are made, see and learn the secret of weaving the colorful straw “Hoi An” sleeping mats. You also have opportunity to visit local family, try local wine and meet wonderful people.
We will have plenty of time to chat with locals and learn about their way of life before taking a boat ride from the island to Hoi An, discover even more of the delta and the waterways of Thu Bon river. The boat trip will take approximately 20 minutes, very scenic with local life played out along the shores.
Enjoy a delicous home-cooked meal at local family.
In the afternoon, cycling back to Hoi An and free yourself to discover the ancient town, recharge to get energy for a long ride tomorrow.
- Accommodation: Hotel in Hoi An
- Cycling distance: Approx. 30kms/18 miles
Continue south, down scenic Highway 1A on the road to Quy Nhon, one of the routes that is less visited by travelers. Cycle from Hoi An to Ha Lam past paddy fields, observe the people's daily life.
Then our minivan will pick us up to go to the road before climbing back on the bikes to cycle to the coastal city of Quy Nhon (total cycling today is approximately 60 kilometres). The city is filled with long stretches of beach and relaxed boulevards, and as it’s pretty undiscovered by visitors, is a great place to get an authentic slice of coastal life.
- Accommodation: Casa Marina Resort or similar
- Cycling distance: Approx. 60kms/18 miles
Enjoy a free day to do as you like in Quy Nhon. Set out for snorkeling tour or scuba diving which is best thing to do in Quy Nhon. Go for a bike ride through the countryside or just relax on the beach today. The day is yours to arrange as you like.
- Accommodation: Casa Marina Resort or similar
The fourth day’s ride is along on a unique little road that follows the Reunification Express Railway. We will be transferred out of town to avoid the main highway and start riding along a remote, but well-maintained road running alongside the tracks.
The terrain is gently rolling, with beautiful views of the highland foothills. We pass a mix of tribal and Viet villages. Ubiquitous buffalos and barefoot children trot across your trail. Soon, we loop back to the main highway with a small climb and descent to finish the ride. Our minivan will transfer us about one hour to Tuy Hoa, one of the most rural regions in Vietnam.
Tuy Hoa isn’t on the radar, and perhaps that is enough to attract some curious travellers. Finding yourself the only foreign visitor in a little visited destination can be memorable in itself. It is worth getting off the highway and taking these back roads along the coast for a more memorable drive dotted with empty, windswept beaches.
- Accommodation: Sala Tuy Hoa Beach Hotel or similar
- Cycling distance: Approx. 80kms/49 miles
Tuy Hoa to Nha Trang biking route covers some of Vietnam’s most scenic coastline, featuring deserted blue lagoons and stone promontories overlooking the waters below. Fishing villages dot the coast here, their bays fills with brightly colored boats.
We ride from our hotel, and, after 20 km, the riding is very beautiful, with looming mountains on both sides and a network of lush rice fields across the valley. Lunch at scenic Dai Lanh Beach.
After lunch, continue riding along the coast and then turn on to the Hon Gom peninsular road for the final leg. This is our last day of riding along Vietnamese coast and it’s a long ride. Enjoy it to the fullest. Before arriving at Nha Trang, visit the famous Po Ngar Cham Towers, built between the 7th and 12th centuries and still actively used for worship.
Later take transfer to Nha Trang and settle into your chosen Nha Trang hotel. Spend days at leisure in Nha Trang’s popular beachside cafes, restaurants and bars where the fresh seafood is definitely worth a try or take a boat trip to see beautiful sunset.
- Accommodation: Diamond Bay Resort & Spa or similar
- Road transfer distance: 95kms/59 miles
- Cycling distance: Approx. 50kms/30 miles
Our support vehicle takes you from Nha Trang city to highway 1 (16 km) where we start the ride to Da Lat. Start biking on flat roads about 23 km in the first section. On the way you can see rice fields, mango plantations, sugarcane plantations.
We will then have a well-deserved 15 minute break before climbing up to the 29km Khanh Vinh pass. This is challenging and exhilarating in equal measure and it will be tiring so be prepared. However do not be worry, our vehicle is always behind you to support all the time when you feel tired. Although the pass is very long, the beautiful scenery of the National Park will make you forget the fatigue. You will have time to relax and take some pictures.
At lunch, we will have picnic lunch on the top. Regain energy! After lunch, we get 4km downhill. We continue riding along the road of Nui Ba National Park. If you're lucky, you can see monkeys, many types of birds.
In the afternoon, we will bike through coffee plantations and villages of ethnic minorities. Finishing the trip when we are 50km from Da Lat city. Getting on the van and taking rest about 1 hour while driver take you to the hotel.
- Accommodation: Hotel in Da Lat
- Road transfer distance: Approx. 66kms/25 miles
- Cycling distance: Approx. 60kms/37 miles
Get on your bike from your hotel fly on wheel in the dawn sunshine passing Nguyen Huu Hao Tomb, Cam Ly waterfall. Biking on the quiet, beautiful road through green vegetable and flower farms of the Van Thanh flower village with a quick stop for looking at colourful flower kinds blooming inside green houses.
Touch on Ta Nung pass of the 725 Provincial road down to Nam Ban district for fabulous scenery: pine tree forests, jungle, Chill ethnic people village, coffee plantations… Let’s be on a high coffee shop for enjoying a cup of native coffee and breathing fresh air of the coffee farm beside the lake.
You can enjoy the imposing wild scene of Elephant waterfall, the widest waterfall of Lam Dong province. Impressive! Roaring like thunder! Climbing up to the hill through the cement stairs, you will see a solemn pagoda – Linh An pagoda with two august dragons flanking two sides. Then touching the huge Happy Buddha statue can bring you happiness and luck basing on the belief of local people.
Have picnic lunch nearby water of the waterfall.
Back to Dalat by your minivan, on the way visit Chicken village of the K’Ho ethnic people famous with huge cock statue in the center, traditional wooden houses and beautiful weaving products. Stop at Tuyen Lam lake and Truc Lam Zen Monastery. Surrounding by pine forest, Tuyen Lam Lake looks like a paradise with the Truc Lam Zen Monastery, at present is the biggest Zen University in Viet Nam. End of the trip.
Free yourself in Da Lat. If you wish to continue the cycling tour to Mui Ne or anywhere, please contact us, we will arrange the activities for you.
- Accommodation: NA
- Cycling distance: Approx. 40kms/24 miles
Price & Inclusion
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax|
|Private Tour||USD $1.675||USD $1.559||USD $1.262|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
Hotel (5 nights) / Resort (4 nights)
09 Breakfasts, 08 Lunches, 1 Dinner
Vegetarian Meals are available, please request at the booking time
Air-conditioning back-up car
High quality mountain bike (TREK)
- Mountain Bike (TREK), helmet, 1 biking water bottle per person
- 1 Experienced Cycling English Speaking Guide
- 1 Assistant guide for 8-16 cyclist, 2 Assistant guides for 17+ cyclists
- 1 first aid kit per guide
- Each guide will have a full set of travel bike tools
- Private air-conditioned vehicle for transfer and back up as itinerary.
- 16-seater van for two to three pax
- 16-seater van and luggage truck for to seven pax
- 29-seater van, luggage truck and backup bike for eight to nine pax
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner)
- Plenty of water provided throughout the day when cycling
- Snacks and local fruits
- Sightseeing tickets where mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation as listed above
- Flight reconfirmations
- Complimentary Vietnam Visa Approval Letter
- International flights and Visa arrangement
- Others meals not mentioned above
- Alcoholic, and other beverages beyond water – we can add this into costs at your request
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Any other services not clearly mentioned in the itinerary and in the inclusive portion.
- Routes: There are some parts of the ride that could be busy with traffic, please always follow your guide’s instructions for a safe ride. The cycling route can be changed due to external circumstances such as weather.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.
|Type of Bike|
|Total Cycling KM||~450KM|
|Total cycling days||9 days|
|Support||Fully supported van including spare part, back up service|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 pax|
Cancellation by Customers
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 500% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 70% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 7 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate