Trade in the frenetic pace of Hanoi with an unforgettable bike ride through the Vietnam countryside. Cycle along the banks of the Red River to explore the timeless traditional villages and learn about life outside of Hanoi.
See another side of Hanoi with a day cycling trip that takes you away from the busy chaos of Hanoi’s city center and into the nearby countryside. Observe local life as you cycle through villages and along the banks of the Red River. Before finishing the active day, we cycling around the West Lake, enjoy local Vietnamese food, sip a cup of coffee and admire the lakeside views before pedaling back to your hotel.
Visit The Heart Of Rustic And Remote Region
- Feel the Red River breeze on an 100-year old bridge
- Explore the densely cultivated land of an islet with banana, bean, and corn farms
- Stroll through hidden alleyways of the charming West Lake district
- Sample delicious Vietnamese cuisine just like the locals do — on the street. Try some awesome local foods not found in Hanoi Old Quarter.
- Take in a spectacular view of Hanoi West Lake from your bike
8:30 Meet up at your hotel. After a short briefing about the bike, gears, and the biking trail, you will begin your adventure by pedaling from your hotel to the other side of the Red River. We will ride through Long Bien Bridge, the first steel bridge spanning the Red River in Hanoi, built by the French (French architect Gustave Eiffel, 1899-1902) and named after Paul Doumer (Governor General of French Indochina).
Continue cycling and crossing the countryside of the Red River delta, a good chance for taking nice photos and witness the rural daily activities on the farm.
9:30 Visiting a family on the island in the middle of Red river. You can see the vegetable and banana, longan fruit…growing on this island. This island is like a different world compare to a busy city of Hanoi. People here are working hard and doing farm job by the old technology and by hand.
Visit a host house, chat with them and going around to see the real rural daily life.
10:00 Ride back to the city and bike through a small market in the alley where the local people here shop their food every day. Many of the vegetable in this market come from the island that you just ride through.
10:30 Biking around the West Lake, the largest lake in Hanoi with a circumference of 18 km. The shore of this lake is lined with many local favorite sites such as unique coffee shops, religious monuments and delicious food stalls. We will taste different dishes here like Banh Cuon (steamed rice paper rolling minced pork and mushroom), Bun cha (grilled pork and rice noodle), Pho Cuon (steamed rice paper rolling with beef and vegetable. Your expert English-speaking local guide will give you an insight into the intricacies and traditions of Vietnamese food culture including details on ingredients and historical backgrounds of popular northern dishes.
This unique private bike & food tour takes you to “off-the-beaten-path’. It is an opportunity to explore an especially lovely part of Hanoi — West Lake, the city’s largest freshwater lake and the traditional Old Chau Long food market.
13:00 Bike back to where we start and finish the ride here.
13:30 End Hanoi bike and street food tour. Ultimate Odyssey would love to meet you again!
Cycling around Hanoi West Lake
Price & Inclusion
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax|
|Private Tour||USD $59||USD $46||USD $39|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at email@example.com to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
Lunch (plenty of local food and different kinds of food)
Vegetarian option is available, please request at the booking time
- Mountain Bike (TREK or GIANT), helmet
- 1 Cycling English Speaking Guide
- 1 assistant guide for 8-16 cyclist, 2 assistant guides for 17+ cyclists
- 1 first aid kit per guide
- Each guide will have a full set of travel bike tools
- 1 Bottle of Water provided throughout the day when cycling
- Snacks and local fruits
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sightseeing tickets where mentioned in the itinerary.
- International flights and Visa arrangement
- Others meals not mentioned above
- Alcoholic, and other beverages beyond water – we can add this into costs at your request
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Any other services not clearly mentioned in the itinerary and in the inclusive portion.
Cancellation by Customer
- Cancellation received before 60 days: FREE of charge
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 30% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 7 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate