- Explore Vietnam’s cultural diversity: Visit the interesting Thai Nguyen Ethnic Museum and take a delightful stroll to hill tribe villages.
- Witness stunning landscapes: Spend two days in Vietnam’s cragged area, visiting caves and waterfalls while enjoying miles of untouched mountain landscapes.
- Visit Ho Chi Minh’s hidden base of operation: Travel near to the border area to see where Ho Chi Minh hid while masterminding for the country’s own independence.
This morning, tour guide and driver of Ultimate Odyssey Travel will come to your hotel in Hanoi to pick you up. Embark from Hanoi for a scenic drive to Thai Nguyen City. Along the way, take a short stop at the Museum of Cultures of Vietnam's Ethnic Groups (closed on Mondays and from 11h30 to 13h30). The museum was originally established to exhibit and share the culture and history of various ethnic groups in the northern area during the Indochina War. Nowadays the museum gathers some fascinating exhibitions representing the richly culture of major hill tribes settled in Vietnam. After a museum visit, enjoy a delicious lunch in a local restaurant.
In the afternoon continue towards Cao Bang city in the mountainous Cao Bang province where is home to various ethnic minority communities including the Tay, Nung, Dzao and Hmong. Have dinner with locals at their house.
Estimation distance & transfer time: 280 km; around 7 hours.
Accommodation: Homestay in Cao Bang
Museum of Cultures of Vietnam's Ethnic Groups
Start your morning with a tasty breakfast in the busy market in Cao Bang. You can sample some famous local dishes such as ‘Pho Bo’ or ‘Banh Cuon’ before heading north towards the border.
Take a short break in a picturesque hamlet of a Nung ethnic group specializing in making homemade incense sticks. Strolling around the village to experience their daily life and interact with the locals. Head out to the appealing blacksmith village of Pac Rang, famous for its knives in molded iron made by a Nung community.
Upon arrival to the Sino-Vietnamese border, discover the stunning Ban Gioc waterfall, also known as one of the biggest waterfalls of Vietnam. Enjoy a tasty lunch in a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, continue to Nguom Ngao cave, one of the most spectacular and stunning limestone grottos of the Northern provinces. Upon entering the grotto, walk around 1 km to witness the spectacular natural formations.
In the late afternoon return to Cao Bang town.
Have Dinner and Overnight in Cao Bang.
Note: Authorization and passport are required to visit the beautiful Ban Gioc waterfalls. During the dry season, the water level can be minimum.
Estimation distance & transfer time: Approx 180 km; around 4-5 hours driving time.
Accommodation: Homestay in Cao Bang
Stunning Ban Gioc Waterfall
Head out early northwards the border to visit the former base of operation of the great president Ho Chi Minh. Observe the timeline in 4 years of how he mastermind the 1954 independence from French colonialists. Then visit the giant water wheels which make a fantastic look against the surrounding mountains. We also will have a chance to see Pac Bo Cave.
Return to Cao Bang Town for lunch. After lunch, it is time to say goodbye Cao Bang and set out to Hanoi as you will arrive in the early evening. For those who wish to extend another night for a visit to Ba Be Lakes National Park, please contact Ultimate Odyssey Travel at email@example.com
Notes: During some months (June – September) the itinerary might be changed based on the day, weather & road condition.
Estimation distance & transfer time: 370 km; around 8-9 hours.
Price & Inclusion
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax||8 - 10 pax|
|Standard||USD $282||USD $214||USD $168||USD $149|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
02 Breakfast, 03 Lunch
Vegetarian Meals are available, please request at the time of booking
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room
- Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- English or French speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply)
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- International and domestic Flights
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Tips, Travel insurance
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- Prices are valid 30 days from date of offer. Past this date price and conditions may be readjusted.
- The cost of air tickets is subject to change without prior notice by the airlines.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.