This journey will bring you to a new side of Ha Long Bay. Starting from Red River out of Hanoi city we cycle to the famous UNESCO world heritage site of Ha Long Bay. We cruise on crystal clear water to beautiful Cat Ba island and visit one of the world's biosphere reserves, Cat Ba National Park. Here we'll be treated to green jungle and beautiful scenery, we spend the night on the beach before we cycle along the coast to meet our next boat. This one takes us to the newly discovered Thien Long cave before we head back to Hanoi.
Spend The Night On The Beach Before You Cycle.
- Take a cycling holiday through Vietnam’s most scenic landscapes
- Savour mouth-watering cuisine
- See the limestone formations of Halong Bay
- Overnight on a tropical island
Ultimate Odyssey's tour guide meet you at your Hanoi hotel early in the morning for a short transfer out of the city's busy roads. We have a nice and easy start with a cycle on a dyke of the Red River. First we ride towards Bac Ninh, known for the eight Kings of the Ly Dynasty, we will see many examples of traditional architecture and agriculture practices.
After that, we will stop for a local lunch at a local restaurant, where we'll also have time to relax. After lunch we continue cycling through small villages that dot rural Vietnam. Our riding ends in the early afternoon with a transfer of 2.5 hours to the port city of Ha Long.
Activities: Ride approx. 60KM
Accommodation: Hotel in Halong City
A morning cruise through Ha Long Bay on a traditional junk will give time to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Once we dock on Cat Ba Island we are back on the bikes around Cat Ba Island.
We ride through a valley of tropical rain forest and hear the bird song of many species. We'll take a break for a short trek to the top of Ngu Lam Mountain where we'll have a view of the green tree-covered limestone peaks.
Take you deep breath and cycling to your hotel in Cat Ba town with views across the bay.
Activities: Ride approx. 24KM / Cruising in Halong Bay
Accommodation: Hotel in Cat Ba
8:00 Our tour guide and car will pick you up from your hotel in Cat Ba island go to Cat Ba National park.
8:30 – 12:00 It takes you 3 & half hours to trekking through the mountain rainforest and valley to frog lake. Along the way you have a chance to see native cats, squirrels, spotted dear, snakes, thousands of butterflies, Cat Ba Langur if you are lucky.
12:30 Have lunch in Viet Hai village with home cooked food.
14:00 to 15:30 Hiking around the village to meet local people, see them do farming, experience the local life.
15:30 to 16:30 Hiking pass the rice field and valley to Viet Hai habor, get on the boat to enjoy Lan Ha bay landscape on the way back to Cat Ba.
Activities: Trekking approx. 5 hours
Accommodation: Hotel in Cat Ba
We ride follow the coast and ride past fishing villages to Cai Vieng Pier. Then in a sampan cruise through a mangrove forest to Thien Long Cave found in 1998. Then a boat ride takes us in a ferry to Hai Phong. We get back to our bike and our car will take us back to Hanoi.
Your tour ends in Hanoi. Ultimate Odyssey would love to meet you again!
Activities: Ride approx. 27KM
Price & Inclusion
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax|
|Private Tour||USD $638||USD $519||USD $422|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
03 Breakfasts, 03 Lunches, 03 Dinners
Vegetarian Meals are available, please request at the booking time
Air-conditioning back-up car
High quality mountain bike (TREK)
- Mountain Bike (TREK), helmet
- 1 Cycling English Speaking Guide
- 1 assistant guide for 8-16 cyclist, 2 assistant guides for 17+ cyclists
- 1 first aid kit per guide
- Each guide will have a full set of travel bike tools
- 16-seater van for two to three pax
- 16-seater van and luggage truck for three to four pax
- 29-seater van, luggage truck and backup bike for eight to nine pax
- Plenty of water provided throughout the day when cycling
- Snacks and local fruits
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner)
- Sightseeing tickets where mentioned in the itinerary.
- Accommodation as listed above
- International flights and Visa arrangement
- Others meals not mentioned above
- Alcoholic, and other beverages beyond water – we can add this into costs at your request
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Any other services not clearly mentioned in the itinerary and in the inclusive portion.
- Routes: There are some parts of the ride that could be busy with traffic, please always follow your guide’s instructions for a safe ride. The cycling route can be changed due to external circumstances such as weather.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.
|Type of Bike|
|Total Cycling KM||~115KM|
|Total Cycling days||4 days|
|Support||Fully supported van including spare part, back up service|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 pax|
Cancellation by Customer
- Cancellation received before 60 days: FREE of charge
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 30% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 7 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate