- Trekking through beautiful terrace rice fields, landscapes
- Meeting smiling and warm-hearted Black Hmong and Red Dao people
- Talking with them to understand a bit more about their way of life, their customs and traditions.
9:00 pm – Mini bus pick up from hotel and transfer to Tran Quy Cap train station.
10:00 pm - Train depart and sleep the nights on train. Travel time approx 9 hrs.
Accommodation: Overnight on train
We will pick you up at Lao Cai railway station by car, to take you up to the township of Sapa which takes approx one hour.
09:00am: After breakfast and shower, you will meet up at your hotel in Sapa by local guide and driver for a short road transfer heading to Cat Cat village. After a couple of minutes, you will follow a road going downhill to Cat Cat village. You will stop by a waterfall and a hydroelectric station for a while before you trek on a dirt trail through rice paddy terraces. You will also enjoy spectacular scenery while walking along a narrow river. You eventually arrive in Y Linh Ho village of Black Hmong minority, where you can take a rest while you are served lunch nearby the river.
After lunch, you head Muong Hoa valley. You will pass through Lao Chai village of Black Hmong minority and then Tavan village of Giay minority by following a very popular trekking route. You will spend the night in local house of Giay minority. You will be able to take a walk to enjoy the valley view as well as swim in the river nearby.
Accommodation: Homestay at local house
Cat Cat Village
Once you get energy for your last day trek by having a delicious breakfast, you leave for Giang Ta Chai village of Red Dao minority. You will trek through bamboo forest, which belongs to Hoang Lien National Park. On the way you will pass by a waterfall where you will have time to take a rest and enjoy the surroundings. You will find a nice place to enjoy lunch.
After lunch, you continue toward Su Pan, a small village located by the road. Here you start your journey back to Sapa by car.
15:00 Arriver in Sapa. We will take you to bus head back to Hanoi. The drive from Sapa back to Hanoi takes up to 5 hours or 6 hours depending on the traffic.
21:00 Arrive in Hanoi. End your tour in Hanoi. Ultimate Odyssey would love to meet you again!
Approx: 1-hour driving/ 3 hours walking/ 1-hour lunch.
Price & Inclusion
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax||8 - 10 pax|
|Superior||USD $166||USD $149||USD $110||USD $105|
|Standard||USD $154||USD $138||USD $99||USD $94|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
- English speaking guide
- Black Hmong porters (to carry food and luggage)
- Cook (from group sizes of 6 pax)
- All needed transport
- All indicated meals, plus snacks (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
- Water on the whole trip
- Sleeping bag and mattresses
- Waterproof bluebag for luggage
- Tents if needed
- Mosquito net
- All entrance fees and permit
- Overnight in local house or tent (if any)
- Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
- All other services not indicated above
- Transportation back to Sapa Town after your trek will either be by motorbike taxi or shared minibus depending on the size of your group.
- Your guide will meet you at your hotel in Sapa to begin the trek. You can leave your luggage in our office while trekking. Showers are also available at our office.
- You will only decide the exact route of your trek on the day when you meet your guide. This allows you to choose a trek which suits your ability and interests. Your guide will be able to advise you on the best routes and places of interest. Some routes may not be available due to adverse weather conditions, but your guide will be able to advise you.